A Great Victorian House and Gardens in the heart of Wexford.
Wells House has something for all generations to enjoy and share:
- Woodland Walks – Discover hidden treasures in a verdant landscape of mature plants and trees on our two woodland walks – The Lady Frances Woodland Walk & Mogue’s Woodland Walk
- Victorian Terrace Gardens – Relax in our beautifully restored formal gardens based on the original Daniel Robertson plans of the 1830â€™s.
- Adventure Playground â€“ Swings, slides and climbing frames, the hardest question is where to start!
- Living Victorian House Tour â€“ Experience real life in a Victorian Great house through the eyes of Lady Frances and the residents of Wells House
- Wells House Archery – Let the resident Archer show you how to shoot a bow at the only 3D course in Ireland.
- Mrs Stones Tea Rooms – enjoy morning coffees, light lunches and afternoons teas. For that special treat try our cup cakes or irresistible fresh scones.
Wells House can boast over 300 years of history, built in the late 1600s by John Warren who owned more than 6,000 acres of land in the area it was purchased on his death by the Doyne family who then lived there, and engaged renowned English architect, Daniel Robertson to completely redesign the house during the 1830’s. It was Robertson who designed the house standing at Wells today.
The Doynes lived at Wells House for 260 years, until 1965 when the Rosler family bought the house and lands. The current owners father, Gerhard Rosler, a hard working and innovative German industrialist, moved to Wells House with his family in 1965.
Wells Estate which incorporates the House is 450 acres (inc. 100 acres of Woodland) and is owned today by Mr. Uli Rosler, who lives in Wells House with his wife Sabine. Uli Rosler has always had a love of farming and nature, and he operates a working farm at Wells